MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do disable syndication of password protected forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am not sure if this is a mybb bug or a settings misconfiguration. When I copied the syndication link for my forums to google reader, it was able to return threads inside protected forums - without requiring the password. This is not the expected behaviour, right? Is it possible to fix this by changing configuration settings? Is it at all possible to turn off the syndication url completely?
If you're logged in and you've entered the password, it'll load it because you have access to it. If you logout on the forum, it should go.
Ah, I think the problem is a little bit different. In my site, say there a forum A which is protected, and has a subforum B within it, that is not protected. The syndication URL seems to show threads in B but not in A. The intuitive behaviour would be to use not show any posts in B or its nested forums as well. If the way to protect it is to set a password for each nested forum within A as well, users will have to enter passwords a large number of times. Is there an easy way to fix this?
Ah, I see what you mean... I'd recommend reporting it on the dev site, I'd treat this as a bug.