MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hook system now in phpbb3??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They were probably "inspired" by your code Ryan :p
(2010-10-12, 07:51 PM)x_Stricken_x Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on the MyBB community forums, you really think I'm going to be arsed to go to phpBB's site?

When it's a discussion about phpBB and the source post is linked in the OP, yes.
Unless they overhaul their entire front-end side, i'm not going to use it.
Whether it's being a member of a phpbb forum or administrating one, i always found it a slow crawl which mostly you only do half of what you intended to do because you got bored on the way.
If MyBB one day dies, i'd rather go for SMF, as it has some features atleast and working in overall ( there just aren't any good ones out there..., besides MyBB ) if i MUST have a forum software, but in overall i'd grab joomla again and hog Kunena up to it. http://www.kunena.com/
* Nayar is still a phpBB fan Blush
* Nayar just likes MyBB more

I am glad phpBB wants to move forward.
in comparison to myBB , phpBB is little more difficult for noobs to modify the templates and codes.
that's true but it is also a fact that because of that only i learned a lot about MySQL and php... (though i am from a medical field) ...

but what has made me to shift to MyBB from phpbb3 is:
1. MyBB is more secure
2. Core features in MyBB are almost sufficient (far greater than phpbb3)
3. easy to maintain (can't say about upgrade as i haven't upgraded yet)
4. Superb community support.
It's nice to see that PHPBB is doing something like this. Now maybe people won't have to rely on MODX?

I really never gave PHPBB a chance, and fell in love with MyBB, but I suppose I could.
This was one of my main reasons to move away from phpbb. Installing plugins was a pain, moreso if an upgrade came along and you had a ton of plugins :s
I remember one forum i helped on, he had 32 plugins, i swear some of his files were completely different from the core files Toungue.
Used phpbb a long time ago....I do not miss it.
Pages: 1 2