MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is enabling HTML in forums safe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wondered if anyone can tell me is there a way to enable a group of users to able to post HTML in a forum where it is not currently allowed for all users?

So essentialy a group of power users who have the permission to create posts containing html? in certain sections of the forum?
You'd need a plugin for that.
Is there a plugin that does it do you know?
I want to be able to use the WordBB plugin so that articles on my blog are posted to the forum.

This all works fine, but to get them looking right I need to enable HTML in the relevant forum sections.

Is this a big security no no?
It depends who has access to use HTML. Yes, someone could post some HTML code that does something bad, so it is best to restrict the usage of it to admins.
There is several plugins that allow some people to post in html, including plugins from MyBBSource, and MyBBCentral Smile
Thanks guys, I will look in to the plugins now.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-79803.html
Sorry Conor this is going to sound stupid? but the mods you mentioned are not in the mods database. I searched google and found mybbsource.com and mybbcentral.com are these what you meant? If so do you know which specific plugin I need to be able to allow html for certain users?