MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb website help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to know how to change home links name..such as "forum home" to "home" or "Members list" to "Members" please tell me
you can make the necessary changes to any name on your forum by going to the language files in Admin Panel -> configuration -> languages -> your language, expand variables
and look for the file as per your requirement. suppose you want to change the names of topbuttons names as you mentioned, then go to global.lang.php to change the names " home "by searching the required word first " forum home "
if you want to change something in thread view, then edit showthread.lang.php
(2010-10-12, 05:36 PM)1master1 Wrote: [ -> ]you can make the necessary changes to any name on your forum by going to the language files in Admin Panel -> configuration -> languages -> your language, expand variables
and look for the file as per your requirement. suppose you want to change the names of topbuttons names as you mentioned, then go to global.lang.php to change the names " home "by searching the required word first " forum home "
if you want to change something in thread view, then edit showthread.lang.php
that didnt work..i went to global.lang.php and its still "Forum Home" heres my site http://overlyconfident.tk oh and it it helps I kinda changed the portal to index.php and index.php to forum.php I did what this guy did http://community.mybb.com/archive/index....-1268.html and i also did:
To modify where that link takes you you will need to open your global.php file in your favorite text editor.

Look for:
Code:
$navbits[0]['name'] = $settings['bbname'];
$navbits[0]['url'] = "$settings[bburl]/index.php";

Change that to the name of your new forum index page (not the new main page index.php). I named my forum page forum.php so I changed the code to this:
Code:
$navbits[0]['name'] = $settings['bbname'];
$navbits[0]['url'] = "$settings[bburl]/forum.php";
so...i just want "forum home" to be changed to "Home" and I want to add a new page called "Forums"