MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a hosting site, which was post2host. (Its not going to be post2host anymore though) but, I had a MyBB forum on it. I was changing servers, when I got a backup of everything, somehow the database didn't save any of the files in the backup.. So now it just says
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'hoststri_forums3.mybb_datacache' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache

So, I was wondering how do I just install the default database files? Also I know that I lost all posts, threads users, and everything. Good thing I didn't have alot.. Anyways I made a custom theme, was the theme stored in the database or is it still recoverable in the actual files?

Thanks!
A database and file backup are totally different. This error is most likely being caused by your table prefix being wrong in ./inc/config.php, or the backup isn't complete/hasn't been imported to the right database. You don't install 'default database files', you have a database backup, and you put the details for the database into your config file so it can access it. Your theme will still be in the database, only the CSS is stored in the file system, in ./cache/themes/themeX/
Well, I meant when I backed up the files and database. I imported my backup, but during the backup process on the old server, somehow the database wasn't saved. I already check the configuration file, but there nothing in phpmyadmin. Also, with the default database files, I meant the files that are installed during the install of mybb..
I'm getting pretty confused with the terminology you're using here, I don't think you're referring to the right things. How could import a backup if the database wasn't saved?? You don't import a file backup, you import a database backup, but then you said that didn't save. No files are 'installed', you upload files, and it installs the database, i.e. creates and populates the tables.

What have you actually still got from your old server?? The old files, the old database, or nothing??
Well I got the old files, somehow during the transfer I lost the files somehow, and when I try importing the sql file, nothing is in it..
Still a contradiction there but anyway, if there's nothing in the backup then the database is empty, so you'll need to run the installer again and start with an empty database.