MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help to restore data on ver 1.6 with new host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pls read post #14 for updated help request

Hi frnds,

i am new on this forum.
My web sute is www.ajmidhji.net
previously i was using myBB on my web site. but my web developer shifted to new york and i dnt have any details of my hosting.
But i am having all backups of my previous forum.
today i purchased new hosting and shifted my domain on new host.
one of my frnd help me to install MyBB 1.6.
now i wants to restore my previous backups on this new forum. pls help me.
Go into your hosting control panel, and click Backups. Select the button to find the MySQL Database backup file you have and then import it.
but i dnt have any details of previous hosting account. yesterday i purchased new hosting. but i have all backups of MyBB forum which i used before.
Go to the control panel of the new hosting. Open the new database you created, Select Import and browse the backup file.

Hope this helps.
Ok, you need to do what was set above, import your backup. Then, you need to edit inc/config.php and update the database settings with the new database details. Then, if you entered the correct details, everything should work.
after selecting restore backup option pop up screen showing only RESTORING FILES
In cPanel >> Backups there should be options for Restore a Home Directory Backup and Restore a MySQL Database

You need to use the Restore a MySQL Database option.
i hv uploaded backup file in both options.
now their is 2 windows
1st window showing RESTORING FILES
2nd window showing RESTORING DATABSE
I'm confused. Have you successfully restored the backup or not?
after selecting backup option their is option to upload backup file.
I upload my backup file before 30 min but still window showing RESTORING DATABSE Sad
Pages: 1 2