MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users online display error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

I just have a small issue with my forum displaying who's online. The users are displayed without being separated by a comma. Example: User1User2User3...

Can you please give me a hint?

Many thanks in advance!
There could be two issues - either the language string is missing or that the template is missing the comma.

First, go to ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates (on the left) and edit the template set your theme is using. Open the Index Templates and edit "index_whosonline_memberbit".

This is the default template. It should have {$comma} at the beginning.

{$comma}{$user['profilelink']}{$invisiblemark}

The second issue is that the language pack you're using hasn't been updated. In 1.4, the comma was hardcoded - but this was changed in 1.6 so that it could be translated. In ./inc/languages/(language pack)/global.lang.php, right at the bottom, should be:

$l['comma'] = ", ";

If not, then you should add it. Smile
(2010-10-15, 07:57 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]There could be two issues - either the language string is missing or that the template is missing the comma.

First, go to ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates (on the left) and edit the template set your theme is using. Open the Index Templates and edit "index_whosonline_memberbit".

This is the default template. It should have {$comma} at the beginning.

{$comma}{$user['profilelink']}{$invisiblemark}

The second issue is that the language pack you're using hasn't been updated. In 1.4, the comma was hardcoded - but this was changed in 1.6 so that it could be translated. In ./inc/languages/(language pack)/global.lang.php, right at the bottom, should be:

$l['comma'] = ", ";

If not, then you should add it. Smile

It appears that it was the second case. I added the line and it now works perfectly. Many thanks!
If this was the cause then your language pack isn't compatible with 1.6. Did you have a custom one??