MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade Question about version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am carefully following the upgrade procedure on the Wiki. I have got to the stage where I have copied all the files across and run the upgrade script. NOW, it is asking me for the EXACT version I am upgrading from. Huh I know it is 1.4 but I don't remember what sub version it was. Now that I have overwritten the files, I can't run up the ACP to find out what I was using. What do I do now? Can I query the database to find out?

If this information is important to the upgrade process, it would be useful to add this to the upgrade procedure in the Wiki i.e. make a careful note of the exact version you are upgrading from before proceeding.
If you don't know, choose the earliest 1.4 version you can. It won't double up anything that may already have been done, but it'll make sure everything that needs to be run is run.
(2010-10-15, 09:33 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't know, choose the earliest 1.4 version you can. It won't double up anything that may already have been done, but it'll make sure everything that needs to be run is run.
Thanks - that appeared to work OK.

I have another problem now - the theme was NDesign and it doesn't appear to work correctly under 1.6. However, I can't seem to change to any other theme despite making something else the default. How do I delete a theme to force it back to the default MyBB theme?

Have you tried the "Force on users" option via the ACP?
(2010-10-15, 10:16 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the "Force on users" option via the ACP?

I hadn't tried that but it worked - many thanks.

Final question - how do I delete themes that are no longer relevant? Would simply deleting the folder from the images folder be sufficient?

Thanks

On the list of themes in the ACP click Options >> Delete Theme, do the same for the themes template set and then delete the images folder.
Many thanks. I forgot to look there. It's been 18 months since I last touched myBB - it shows! Sad