MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Advise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
Question:
If a member is removed, do I have to remove all their posts
and threads if they request it?
or can I refuse?
You don't have to delete the posts and anyway, if you did, then other posts would make no sense.
(2010-10-15, 01:33 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]You don't have to delete the posts and anyway, if you did, then other posts would make no sense.

Hi Kyuubi
Many thanks for your reply
Where do I stand legally?
this person says he will report me.
not got a clue who too.
He can't report you just because you won't delete his posts. You have the right not to delete content without a reason.
(2010-10-15, 01:38 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]He can't report you just because you won't delete his posts. You have the right not to delete content without a reason.

Hi Kyuubi
Many thanks for your help
it's much appreciated!
If he didnt want it up he shouldnt have posted it. In many ways removing information can be more damaging from a legal view point depending on what was said.

(2010-10-15, 01:44 PM)Karlitosway Wrote: [ -> ]If he didnt want it up he shouldnt have posted it. In many ways removing information can be more damaging from a legal view point depending on what was said.

Hi Karlitosway
He posted a message slating my forum
so I removed the post and his membership
he now wants all his posts removed.
Just don't remove his posts, because the threads he posted in will all make no sense.
Hi
Many thanks to you both for your help!
I had asked a similar question here before.

Everyone seemed to agree that you are in no way obliged to delete their posts.