MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prefix problem - Is it a bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just tend to use : on it so it will still look strange.
(2010-10-15, 07:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The reason it shows the plain text one there is because if it showed the coloured one, you'd have to choose a colour that shows up on both the thead and the trows, i.e. the header there and each row in the thread list, and if you have a dark thead and a light trow it's going to be very hard to find colours that are clear and visible on both. What you could do is, in ./showthread.php, line 62, find:

$thread['threadprefix'] = $threadprefix['prefix'].' ';

change to:

$thread['threadprefix'] = "[" . $threadprefix['prefix'].'] ';

Then it'll show as [Prefix] where you circled in your printscreen.

OK, I made the modification and it looks fine now. Thanks for your help. Smile

However, I recommend to made this setting separate from the PHP code in the next version of MyBB, so that the users can set it up more easily. I think it is a necessary modification, which makes the thread window title more easily to read.

OK Matt, fair point. Let's just say it's an oversight in general then. Either way this implementation is awkward as it is.
(2010-10-15, 08:06 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]I just tend to use : on it so it will still look strange.

That's why I recommend to separate this setting from the PHP code, so that the users can easily setup the separator strings as what they want.
BTW, on my forum, the prefixes display with the display style properly:

http://harajuju.net/Thread-TORNADO-MART-...ol-clothes
(2010-10-15, 08:32 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, on my forum, the prefixes display with the display style properly:

http://harajuju.net/Thread-TORNADO-MART-...ol-clothes

Did you change the "showthread.php" file before?
Nope ... was this way when I installed the theme, so maybe it's a theme issue?
I use the default theme and it causes this issue. Maybe some 3rd party themes use the modified codes and therefore avoid the issue.
Pages: 1 2