MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: one signature per page ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering what i need to change in the templates to only show each members signature in a thread only once in their first post, if they have posted more than once in that thread.

Can someone help me with this?

Big Grin
not a template issue, you'd need a plugin
Thanks, I knew it was not a template issue, i would just like some help with the template changes needed.
I had this done before on the 1.4 board soft with help from someone here. It was only a few small changes, no plugin was needed. But i can't find that thread anymore or remember who it was.

We have a lot of members with images as their sig.
The pages load much faster when only loading each sig/image in once per member on each thread page.

I really hope someone can help again.

Thank You
no plugin? really, that is cool. i'd like to see how that was done. I am not sure how a template change is going to keep track if a user has had their sig shown already on the page.
lol.. all plugins do is make the changes needed to the template for you. You can always do the changes by hand. It's the same thing. Also, there is no need to keep track, it just needs to not repeat again on the same page.

There was a plugin for this, but i can not find it.
the same template is used over and over again for each post in the thread display. so its not a template edit, what the plugin is doing is setting an empty signature for the user after the user's first post on a page.

Oh, yes.. this one must have been done that way, editing a core file to maybe? Thanks for the reminder.

Maybe this should be moved to the 1.6 plugins request?