MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: System emails not being sent but PHP Mail works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've done a bit of searching but haven't found a thread that answers my problem.

I'm not getting admin emails and new users aren't getting the new user email. I tried the test PHP script to see if PHP Mail was working and it worked. I got an email. So clearly PHP mail is running but for some reason the emails aren't going out.

I also tried setting the email address to match the domain. No help.

Any suggestions?
I can even email another user while logged in via the forum.
ie: using http://host.com/myBB/member.php?action=emailuser&uid=X

It really seems to be just admin emails...
Oh forgot to include:
New install: 1.6

URL
http://theimprovgroup.nfshost.com/myBB/index.php

test user account (not sure it's helpful)
u: testini
pw: bbmy00
(will be deleted by tue oct 19)
Anyone? Any ideas? Am I completely missing something?

Help?
I am unable to understand your problem.
Can you please refine your words and post your problem again.
(2010-10-17, 07:07 AM)Akshay.S Wrote: [ -> ]I am unable to understand your problem.
Can you please refine your words and post your problem again.

I have the forum set to have new users only approved by the admin.

When a new user creates an account, I understand there is supposed to be an email sent to that user (even if new accounts need to be approved by the admin).

I set myself up as the admin but I do not receive new user registration notification. This means I would need to constantly check the user listing to see if any new users have tried to register.

I suppose its possible that this is expected but I find it hard to believe that neither the new user nor admin would receive an email once a new user registers.

If the emails are supposed to be sent, why not? I ran the test script and PHP mail works (ie: I got my email).

This is a new install of 1.6, and it's my first time using myBB, so any tips or settings I can look into would be super helpful.

Thank you!
(2010-10-17, 08:35 PM)vinny9 Wrote: [ -> ]When a new user creates an account, I understand there is supposed to be an email sent to that user (even if new accounts need to be approved by the admin).

No, because there's no reason to send them an email if an admin is going to activate their account. It sends them an email if they have to activate it.
emails arnt being sent out for me too... must be a problem with mybb
(2010-10-17, 08:42 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-17, 08:35 PM)vinny9 Wrote: [ -> ]When a new user creates an account, I understand there is supposed to be an email sent to that user (even if new accounts need to be approved by the admin).

No, because there's no reason to send them an email if an admin is going to activate their account. It sends them an email if they have to activate it.

Ok. I understand that. How come the admin doesn't get an email notification? That's the real issue for me.
Use this, change the compatibility in the file from 14* to 16*

http://mods.mybb.com/archive/view/email-...ew-members