MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: refering to a css script in the html header
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I want to refer to a custom general css script for the entire site (I don't want to add a new custom on for the forum)

I actually want to merge the parts of the forum css that I'm using with the global site css script.

I've seen that you can update / edit the forum css files:

global.css, usercp.css, modcp.css, star_ratings.css, showthread.css. But this isn't actually what I want. I'll probably end up removing these all together. I want to update the header section to point to my own css file

I guess this is a PHP modification somewhere, anyone know which PHP file I should be looking at?
I think this is what you want, I used this when I intergrated my website template with my forum.. So it kept the same css file..

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/style.css" />

Then you can just add this for example to your forums header template.
Thats not quite right, if you put stuff in the header template it goes into the top of the body (see below).

I want to put the css into the HEAD section and then strip out the other css in the HEAD section

Quote:<html>
<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/RemoveMe.css" />
</head>
<body>
<!-- header starts here -->
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/moveMeToTheHEAD.css" />
<!-- header ends here -->
//etc
</body>
</html>
Put it in the headerinclude template

Its in the ungrouped templates
(2010-10-16, 10:42 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Put it in the headerinclude template

Its in the ungrouped templates

Okay, Thats how I add my CSS (Thank you..). But the other forum css isnt defined there, how do I remove the forums current css

I want to reduce the number of script loads, there only needs to be one css file (even for an entire site), especially since I'm stripping it down and giving the forum+ site a simple look

ahh... I just remove the $stylesheets (also defined in this ungrouped headerinclude section)