MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with activation mails and password recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

The last weeks I reseave mails forum members that the not reseave the activation mail or not reseave a mail when the recover there password. Not all the members have this problem there are some members that have this problem.

It has always work and I have nothing changed, so wat can be the problem of this??

Do I need to re-upload something or do I need to do something else???

Can annyone help me fix the problem??
What email service do they use?? Is it in their spam folders?? If some work and some don't, I'm not sure if there's much we can do.
(2010-10-16, 01:56 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What email service do they use?? Is it in their spam folders?? If some work and some don't, I'm not sure if there's much we can do.

Yeah I have send this answer to the users, but I thought that there was a problem by us..

So there is no problem by or server or something and the problem is by the user self??

Thanks for you answer!
Hello,

The problem is getting worse, now nobody reseave the activation mail!

The system sends nothing,

No Activation mails
if a member click on resend activation mail nothing will send.
No password recover mail

The system send no mails to the users.

And if I use the massa mail the mails sended 3 times to all users.....

So Wat do I need to do to fix this problem that the system sends the emails and that the system send 1 mail in the massa mai????

Please help me so soon as posibble!!
I'd ask your host about it. If it was working hut only to some users, and now it's not sending any at all, it sounds more like an issue with them rather then MyBB.

Run this test, does this send?? [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
When I make the new.php file and I run it and its works

Mail was sent by PHP

So do I need to contact my server???
Did you receive the email??
if you running your site on free hosting which some dont work with Activation mails

i am with byethost and it didnt get any Activation mails
(2010-10-17, 08:28 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Did you receive the email??

Yes I have reseave a mail with:

This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.
(2010-10-17, 08:31 PM)speedy05 Wrote: [ -> ]if you running your site on free hosting which some dont work with Activation mails

i am with byethost and it didnt get any Activation mails

Free host ??????

I have a good running forum with a lot of members so no free host I pay every year for my host!!
Still not working here, do I need to contact my host, or is this something else by mybb because the test mail works.
Pages: 1 2