MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mysql error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

some times I got this error on the footer of my forum

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2006 - MySQL server has gone away
Query:
UPDATE mybb_users SET lastactive='1287257518', timeonline=timeonline+124 WHERE uid='1

This is a host issue. Please contact your host to deal with the problem.
Please ask your host close "Magic Quotes".
(2010-10-17, 07:08 AM)Akshay.S Wrote: [ -> ]Please ask your host close "Magic Quotes".

Um... what?? How is magic quotes anything to do with losing connection to the MySQL server??
(2010-10-17, 10:26 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-17, 07:08 AM)Akshay.S Wrote: [ -> ]Please ask your host close "Magic Quotes".

Um... what?? How is magic quotes anything to do with losing connection to the MySQL server??

Tell me about it! I've been seeing this guy go around giving solutions that have made me go Huh
(2010-12-30, 01:44 AM)sunjester Wrote: [ -> ]Same problem here, and I am my own host, it's not a host issue, I bet it's a mybb issue they don't want to talk about. it's also not listed in the troubleshooting thread even though many people have had the same problem, http://community.mybb.com/thread-75028.html

Please don't go round to every sql error thread and try to post your issue. Keep it to one thread or better yet, just open your own thread with the exact error message you're getting.
Seems a post has been deleted from this thread, but no, an error about the MySQL server going away is not a MyBB issue whatsoever, considering the fact it's coming from the server, it's lost connection/can't connect, and you can get this on any software, I'm not terribly confident of your server management skills if you think this is a MyBB issue. Also why would it be in the thread for 1.6 upgrade troubleshooting when it's nothing specific to 1.6 at all...??