MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum showing †instead of quotations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Actually, if people copy and paste (it just happened today), it does the same thing. Could it be something with the hosting company?

If I do the fix provided above, I wonder if it will correct new posts that have the same thing happening to them?
Can you login to phpmyadmin and look at the structure of the database and look at the collation field. What is it set to?
Actually, I just found this and may check it out first. What do you think?

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/UTF8_Setup
Nope...didn't work.

Where do I go to look at the phpmyadmin?
You should have it installed by your host. Check in cpanel or whatever interface your hosting provider gives you to manage database. If not you'll need to install phpmyadmin to use it to manage databases.
To install it, here is their site: http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php
I honestly don't think we are going to worry about it anymore. If the users want their posts to show up okay, they can just go through it and edit it themselves.

Guess this will save a lot of people from just copy and pasting a bunch of stuff...and that's not always a bad thing! Smile

Sorry, but I just don't want to mess anything up that I can't fix in this forum. Sad
Do you have access to phpmyadmin? If you want I can have a look at it for you if you can PM me the login details for phpmyadmin.
Yes, I do. When I look at it, it shows the MySQL connection collation as utf8_unicode_ci
Like I said, I could have a look at it, you'll need to PM me the phpmyadmin details. That is if you feel ok about doing so, otherwise no sweat Wink
G33K - I sent you a PM asking a few questions and you never responded. Just waiting.
(2010-11-04, 09:09 PM)KrinkleGator Wrote: [ -> ]G33K - I sent you a PM asking a few questions and you never responded. Just waiting.

I did write out a reply to your pm but you have PMs disabled for users outside your buddy list and I never could send it. I then totally forgot about it lol Blush
Pages: 1 2 3