MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Who are you?: Permission denied" error on reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was notified by a member of my site that they encountered a problem whilst posting a Quick Reply to a thread. They apparently posted the post, but a message was returned stating (see the image below)

Quote:Who are you?: Permission denied

and the post seemed to have no been posted. On refresh, the post was there an the error was gone.

I have yet to encounter this error myself and nobody else has notified me of it, but it i a little annoying. I believe it was a PHP sendmail bug, but I don't know why it would show up where/when it did.

Here's a screenshot of the error from the user:

[Image: 52848b8f-1e0a-86d6.jpg]
Is that on a cell phone? It may be the cookies for the cell phone. Not keeping him logged in.
TRY THIS ON COMPUTER (PC)

MAY BE PROBLEM DUE TO COOKIES

MY MOBILE IS ALSO SHOWING THIS BUT WHEN I OPEN IT ON MY PC
THE WEBSITE IS WORING 100 % FINE
(2010-10-17, 02:30 PM)Detrition Wrote: [ -> ]Is that on a cell phone? It may be the cookies for the cell phone. Not keeping him logged in.

Yes, it's on an iPhone. I've tried it on my nokia and my iPod touch though and it works perfectly for both of them. Plus, he definitely has cookies as every other site he visits works (including his own forums). Also, that isn't a standard MyBB error message - it looks completely different.

(2010-10-17, 02:46 PM)amitsystem Wrote: [ -> ]TRY THIS ON COMPUTER (PC)

What's with the caps? I've tried it on a computer and it's fine and I believe it only happened once for him. I just want to know a possible reason. As stated above, I don't believe it's a cookie issue.
(2010-10-17, 02:46 PM)amitsystem Wrote: [ -> ]TRY THIS ON COMPUTER (PC)

Try to not use Caps Lock for all your text