MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email activation required
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yes, a few in the administrator group. The registered group. And the banned group.
(2010-10-19, 01:18 AM)death180 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, a few in the administrator group. The registered group. And the banned group.

If they're in the administrator or registered group then they'll have permissions to post.

Why would you have members in the awaiting activation group and the admin or registered group?
For those that have activated their emails they are in registered. The admins are me and my friend.

And the people that are posting are in the awaiting activation group.
PM me admin login details. They'll only be able to post if they've been given permission to, which they don't have by default.
Are there any particular forums they seem to be posting in...?? I created an account and put it in the awaiting activation group, I can't post anywhere, including the forum you printscreened above...
Only the general discussion forum. They have been posting spam messages, and all of the spammers haven't activated their email, which is why I want to change it.

But yea, only the general discussion forum. Which is the same forum I printscreened.
I couldn't post in there with my test account.
Are you sure those users are in the activation group in the first place?
yes I am sure
If you see it happen again, look at the settings for the user that posts. The permissions are setup correctly and are working correctly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4