MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ohh Microsoft...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok so I was reading up on IE 9 to see if they are going to support CSS3 yet...looks like not.

The funny thing is, they say that they have full compatibility because they are on CSS 2.1 so that Webmasters can spend less time on browser specific CSS sheets, yet we're spending the most time on IE specific CSS sheets.

What I also found, is Microsoft Contradicting themselves.

In this article, they explain how it is unsecured to have a merged addresser and search bar.

But if you look at this article on IE9, they have merged them! I don't understand Microsoft's Logic.
IE is the best browser for downloading a better browser. Toungue
I don't see a problem here. When CSS3 becomes STABLE then they should support it, until then I don't see why people expect software to provide support for something that is in development.
(2010-10-18, 05:55 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see a problem here. When CSS3 becomes STABLE then they should support it, until then I don't see why people expect software to provide support for something that is in development.

*applauds*

Let me put it this way. Lets say Apple make "Travaisisisaia" It does your work for you in spreadsheets, simple enter the data, and it makes it look nice, and does all the equations. But they release it right now for free, just as and editor, and in 2015, it will be fully released.

Does that make any sense? Give them a hand on improving it. I've been playing with it, its a very good improvement, and i may switch it over chrome, since IE is included in default.
(2010-10-18, 01:37 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-18, 05:55 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see a problem here. When CSS3 becomes STABLE then they should support it, until then I don't see why people expect software to provide support for something that is in development.

*applauds*

Let me put it this way. Lets say Apple make "Travaisisisaia" It does your work for you in spreadsheets, simple enter the data, and it makes it look nice, and does all the equations. But they release it right now for free, just as and editor, and in 2015, it will be fully released.

Does that make any sense?

nothing in this post makes any sense
(2010-10-18, 02:29 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-18, 01:37 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]

*applauds*

Does that make any sense?

nothing in this post makes any sense

Basically reiterating what Joe said. Why use something if its not ready?
(2010-10-18, 04:02 AM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so I was reading up on IE 9 to see if they are going to support CSS3 yet...looks like not.

And where did you read that? IE9 supports both CSS3 and HTML5.
As Ryan said, IE9 does support CSS3 and HTML5. I have been testing IE9 and I can confirm it supports box-shadow, border-radius, text-shadow, transforms, transitions and everything else. Don't know your source on this, but it must be wrong.
(2010-10-18, 02:29 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Basically reiterating what Joe said. Why use something if its not ready?

Because lots of CSS3 is ready.
(2010-10-18, 03:57 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-18, 02:29 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Basically reiterating what Joe said. Why use something if its not ready?

Because lots of CSS3 is ready.

I'm sure lots of Windows 8 is ready. But i don't want to use something with say, a half done file manager.
Pages: 1 2 3