MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template editing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I recently added a .htaccess file to my test forum (trying to get an SEO set up going) and ran into a weird issue.

With my .htaccess installed I can no longer edit my templates using an existing id in IE or FireFox, yet I can in Opera 10.62. If I add a new ID then I can edit the templates using any browser....

What happens is this:

I go into the templates and try to change (for example) the header template. The HTML is greyed out - I can move the mouse about but cannot select the HTML. If I then press save changes (even though no change is made) all the html is gone - effectively blanking my template.

I have two forums, test and production. The test forum has htaccess enabled, the other not. I only have this problem on the test forum. I checked by putting a copy of the edited htaccess file on my production site and I had the same issue. As soon as I removed it then the issue was gone.

I contacted my host and they were unable to help me as they were unable to reproduce it - I think its something to do with the browser settings. So I uninstalled firefox - and did a clean reinstall, but its still happening.

Its probably something really simple, but I have no idea what. I have attached a copy of the .htaccess file. (I changed it to htaccess.txt so I can upload it here).

Thanks in advance

Lee

Turn off codepress in the ACP preferences and it shouldn't happen; don't know why a .htaccess or old/new IDs would affect it though.
hi Matt - sorry - forgot to put that in the original post - I already checked that (first thing I did before contacting the host) - I have codepress OFF and am using default in the admin cp.

Re all this id stuff - I know, its absurd - but its happening. I am totally at my wits end.....

HEADESK....readfail on my part......

"Turn on / off Codepress
This preference allows you to turn off Codepress (used in template editing and stylesheet editing for syntax highlighing) if you are experiencing issues / slow loading."

So I read that as tick it as YES......as in "Yes, I want to turn it OFF" when in fact YES = Codepress is turned on.

I have no idea why all this ID crap came into play etc, but I'm happy. Thank you.