MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GMail Desktop Client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anybody using one? I found a site that had a few listed but I'm not sure which I should use. I am looking for something that will be able to load all of my e-mail without crashing. Also, it needs to run on Linux. I've trying to access my GMail with my mail application (Claws Mail) using IMAP but it crashes after it loads around 3/4th of my e-mail (30,000).

I would also love it if it accessed Google Calendar also. Smile

What suggestions do you have?
If you used a Mac, I'd say Mail.app works flawlessly with my rather large Gmail inbox.

I use mutt on linux, it's super quick but takes some getting used to.
Thunderbird? I use it without issues and it works on everything. Honestly though I don't have near as many emails as you do Toungue.

Edit: well since someone else mentioned while I was typing here Toungue.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunder...ddon/4631/
Nevermind, I got Claws to work (with Google Calendar support!) but it looks like it only downloaded 32k of my e-mails so I'll just have to login to GMail to search for older ones. Sad
(2010-10-19, 10:06 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind, I got Claws to work (with Google Calendar support!) but it looks like it only downloaded 32k of my e-mails so I'll just have to login to GMail to search for older ones. Sad

32k O:
claws bad, Mozilla family bad,
I am using 2 of Japaneses made Email Client.
Both are wonderful loading more than 10GB data with thousands of mail.
In my office I am using free Slypheed, and in my home using Becky Mail.
I've heard of both of them but I don't remember if I used them or not. Either way my goal was to find a application made specifically for GMail but it looks like there aren't many out there. Sad
Hmm, I'm not a big fan of those desktop clients, I was going to suggest setting igoogle as the front of your browser. It's much quicker and since it's in the browser you won't have t worry about it crashing, etc.
(2010-10-19, 10:06 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind, I got Claws to work (with Google Calendar support!) but it looks like it only downloaded 32k of my e-mails so I'll just have to login to GMail to search for older ones. Sad

Thirty .. two .. thousand .. e-mails? What, are you God and people e-mailing in prayers? (+1 to Bruce Almighty)
Pages: 1 2