MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: System Beep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK, ive been trying to use console.beep in vb.net, and realised its not working because my mobo speaker either doesnt exist or isnt working right.

Does:Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H

have a motherboard speaker? (one that beeps at POST?) I have looked on the googles and it doesn't say it does, but at the same time, it doesn't say it does not Confused
If you do not have a speaker connected through your case, you can buy a very inexpensive mobo speaker:

[Image: 8d2064aaa80504b2674052686523f157d1eed2bd_large.jpg]

I do not see a speaker on your mobo unfortunately...
Yeah internal speakers are like $3, lol.
That should've come in the box.
So my mobo doesn't have one? Oddly windows lists it :/
Also, where would I plug the internal speaker in to? I don't see any mention of connections for it in the manual :/
ALL motherboards come with a mobo speaker (or more recently connectors for the speaker since the casings started supplying the speakers)

The connector for the speaker is usually grouped together with the connectors for the front power led, hdd activity, power switch and so on. Look on your mobo or in your guide for a front panel connector or something similar and it will have the speaker connectors

EDIT:
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Man...v2.1_e.pdf

pg 29
Ok, I found it Toungue

Now where can I get one in the UK? (online)
I got one, but windowws won't beep Sad it beeps at POST but vb.net can't utilise it Sad
Have you double checked? I have the GA-785GT-UD3h and i have such a speaker. Plus your mobo is with a newer chipset so i think it HAS one.(an absolute 100% certainty backed by myself thinking it is a must)
It has a connecter for one, but it doesn't seem to have one. I have checked the bios and the board and I can't find any labels other than the connector. The bios has no settings either. It didn't beep at POST until I put the extra one in, but vb.net doesn't seem able to use it using console.beep(100, 1)
Pages: 1 2 3