MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can we make more Fast....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sir
there is only complaint in Mybb
that it is so loaded than vbulletin & phpbb
can we make is so fast ???
Plz thinks about it,
because we have to use a more strong hosting server for Mybb
even phpbb can work also with any low class server smootly,
Although in my Openion otherwise Mybb is best than others Really...
what part of it do you feel is slow?

are you using a complex template/theme with experimental or features that are not cross-browser friendly?

MyBB runs just fine on some lower end hosts. It doesn't need a more powerful server than vB takes to run. The vast majority of MyBB sites I see are just as fast or faster than phpBB and vB sites. It'll most likely be the HTML/CSS loading that's slowing the loading times down; post the debug server stats from the footer of your forum.
Sir here is debug server status

Generated in 0.0992799 seconds (86.92% PHP / 13.08% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 12 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0812800 / Memory Usage: 6 MB
PHP version: 5.2.9 / Server Load: 2.56 / GZip Compression: Enabled

0.08/0.09 seconds is hardly slow... to be honest I don't know how much faster you'd expect that to get unless you had a VPS or a dedicated server. If the site is loading slow, it's not the server or MyBB, it's the internet connection/HTML + CSS loading that's slow.
That seems just fine. The only thing I question is server load. If this is a single CPU then that's a bit high even for a quad-core. The rest is fast...parsing time was .08 seconds.

Do you have any large images being served? What about external code like ads or analytics? You may be slow because of another reason.
Yes there are one or 2 banners, and 1 or 2 adsense ads
Isn't URL required for official support now?
(2010-10-20, 08:38 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't URL required for official support now?

I'm not sure honestly but it would really help in this case.
he posted the URL in one of his other threads. he's got some ads that are slow to load and the pro stats type plugin as well.
Pages: 1 2