MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 domains 1 database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
absolutely.

do you know if anyone has finished a cross-forum login/session plugin?
Sites like Google don't do that. Every service requires a new login. I know people want this but it's complicated,insecure and risky.
i mean within the same domain. so two mybb installs, one in \forum1 and the other in \forum2, using the same or different databases in the same hosting account

no security issues, no cookie issues, but common access between forums.
I think that's doable. I know some have tried but ultimately this just isn't a practical way to run a forum.

MyBB allows you to have custom forced themes on per forum basis. That means you could use that to create that type of feel. The link to your forum would simply be a category link. Alter the breadcrumb a bit maybe use a plugin and you're there. No need for messing with the database at all.
(2010-10-21, 11:19 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]FYI no one has seemed to explain how to accomplish your 2 domains 1 database...while installing MyBB asks for a prefix and mybb_ is default. Simply install your second forum with a different prefix like mybb2_ and everything will be fine. You could install 100 MyBB forums onto one database doing this (not recommended).

(2010-10-22, 12:14 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]In any case the install has to have the mybb prefix unique.

Ok
That's interesting.
Still I have 3 questions.
1. When I change the permission of members on forum 1 the permissions wil also be change on forum 2
2. Can I use seperate theme.
3. Can I also use seperate category's and forums?

Erica

Labrocca is talking about separate installations of MyBB on the same host account and to the same database. MyBB uses table prefixes, so you can keep the tables inside the database separate for each forum installed.

No you can not control permissions between separate forum installs

yes you can use separate themes, you can even have different themes within a forum installation (globally or specific to each forum/category)

separate installs have separate forums autmoatically
Pages: 1 2