MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URGENT - Forum Frames Help Reqd ASAP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I need to integrate the forum into a website design. i basically want to use my existing website header above the whole forum. Ive fried a frameset, and iframes, but all that happens is that it wont login. You can try to, but returns to page still not logged in

PLEASE HELP ASAP AS I NEED TO DO THIS QUICK

RM
Welll what about if you visit the board it self, without being in that frame, can you login successfully or not?

Yes, if you visit the board directly, it is fine. Visit the board through the frames and it wont do it. Ideally it needs to be under the websites header, without it going off to another page, so im looking to either:

1. Get the login problem working with frames
OR
2. Insert my header on the forum pages. Its not just 1 whole image so simply changing the logo file isn't something i can do.

RM
hey

well to add your header to mybb go to
Admin CP > Templates >Modify/ Delete > Expand > header

place your code at the top.

this will display your header above the board.

regards
Thanks it works, one more thing though, i placed my header in the div layer where the logo used to be. Now the whole header and the forum's header links (search members etc) and my header, is in the white box, the rest of the forum is no longer in the white box, the background is grey. What could i have missed to get this result?
Never Mind, Problem solved. Thanks for the help tho.

RM>
Well i can't judge unless we go over the code.
however you can simply add it above that div

regards
I think the solution is to set the cookie settings on the board correctly.