MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Edit Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have had MyBB for a month or so now, and have installed some plugins.
One of which, is the Quick Edit.
Somehow my image never uploaded, and plus the Quick Edit didn't work altogether, properly on my forum because I use IE.

Anyhow, I "deactivated" the plugin, went back to my post, and the Quick Edit button was still there without the image. I 'reactivted' it and another one appeared beside it. I did this process again, and when I reactivted it, I now had 3 of the same button down at the bottom beside, AMI, MSN, ICQ and so forth.

I have already deleted everything that makes the Quick Edit plugin work, yet those three buttons sit idol at the bottom of my posts that do not work.

Is there any file I can edit to remove these buttons? This is really aggrivating...

Thanks.
_ISR_m3rc_
You can remove the buttons in the postbit template: Admin-CP -> Templates -> Edit/Delete -> *Your templateset* -> Expand -> Post Bit Templates -> Expand -> postbit -> Edit.
I just went there, looked, and it's not in there. Look for yourself.

<tr>
<td class="$altbg" width="155" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap" align="center"><a name="pid$post[pid]"></a>
<strong><span class="largetext">$post[profilelink]</span></strong><br />
<span class="smalltext">
$post[usertitle]<br />
$post[userstars]
$post[groupimage]<br />
$post[useravatar]<br />
$lang->postbit_posts $post[postnum]<br />
$lang->postbit_group $usergroup[title]<br />
$lang->postbit_joined $post[userregdate]<br />
$lang->postbit_status $post[onlinestatus]$post[nars_replink]<br />
</span>
</td>
<td class="$altbg" width="100%" valign="top">
<table width="100%">
<tr><td class="trow">$post[posturl]$post[icon]<span class="smalltext"><strong> $post[subject]</strong></span>
<p><div id="pid$post[pid]">
<div id="pid$post[pid]">
<div id="pid$post[pid]">
$post[message]</div>
</div>
</div>
</p>
$post[attachments]
$post[signature]
<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;">
$post[editedmsg]
$post[iplogged]
</div>
</td></tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="$altbg" height="18" nowrap="nowrap" align="center"><span class="smalltext">$post[postdate] $post[posttime]</span></td>
<td class="$altbg" width="100%" valign="middle" height="18">
	<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
	<tr valign="bottom">
		<td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">$post[button_email]$post[button_pm]$post[button_www]$post[button_find]</span></td>
		<td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="smalltext">$post[button_edit]$post[button_quickdelete]$post[button_quote]$post[button_report]</span></td>
	</tr>
	</table>
</td>
</tr>
$seperator
I believe it is in the postbit_edit template as well as that template. From postbit template you need to remove the
<div id="pid$post[pid]">
<div id="pid$post[pid]">
<div id="pid$post[pid]">
and
</div>
</div>
</div>
in front of and after $post[message]. From the postbit_edit template, just remove the extra buttons.

Or, if you haven't previously modified these templates, you can just revert them both to original.
I found it and fixed it!
Thanks a million!

It looked horrid with those 3 "Quick Edit" buttons where the buttons wouldn't show, having at the bottom of every post!

Thanks again!

_ISR_m3rc_
_ISR_m3rc_ Wrote:I have had MyBB for a month or so now, and have installed some plugins.
One of which, is the Quick Edit.
Somehow my image never uploaded, and plus the Quick Edit didn't work altogether, properly on my forum because I use IE.

Anyhow, I "deactivated" the plugin, went back to my post, and the Quick Edit button was still there without the image. I 'reactivted' it and another one appeared beside it. I did this process again, and when I reactivted it, I now had 3 of the same button down at the bottom beside, AMI, MSN, ICQ and so forth.

I have already deleted everything that makes the Quick Edit plugin work, yet those three buttons sit idol at the bottom of my posts that do not work.

Is there any file I can edit to remove these buttons? This is really aggrivating...

Thanks.
_ISR_m3rc_

It works fine in Firefox but doesn't work properly at all on IE. For that reason I just removed it as well since it isn't cross platform. Heh.
Tikitiki was talking about the IE problem and the deactivate over at the Mod's site. http://mods.mybboard.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=595
I needed help with that too. Thanks.
I will release a patch for Quick Edit soon. Unfortunately I havn't been able to fix the deactivation problem because I've had the flu the last several days. If there is any programmers that could take a look at the deactivation problem, I would be very greatfull!
Well I had an look now, only thing I could see, that may have an effect on it, is that you diden't parse the $ in deactivate.
"$post[message]" -> "\$post[message]" and so forth.
Pages: 1 2