MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow users to opt out of reputation system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-10-22, 06:22 PM)1master1 Wrote: [ -> ]If its in usercp there is a chance that they play with it. disabling when they want, enabling and misusing it or raising claims that "we lost the reps, please give us rep back" and so.

It should not delete their reps, just disable them from giving or receiving new rep. Maybe possibility to set a timer for how often it can be changed, though that's not a huge concern for me.
(2010-10-22, 05:25 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is that they have to set it as their display group, which I would prefer them not have to.

You can give the group the exact same permissions and settings except for the one setting. Name it "Registered (no reps)". It should be effective to accomplish your goals. It's your best option without core edits or plugins.

(2010-10-22, 07:04 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-22, 05:25 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is that they have to set it as their display group, which I would prefer them not have to.

You can give the group the exact same permissions and settings except for the one setting. Name it "Registered (no reps)". It should be effective to accomplish your goals. It's your best option without core edits or plugins.

Yeah, for sure without any edits it's the best bet, but if you use promotions or anything it will throw a wrench in it. Also, if a moderator or admin wants to opt out of rep, they will need a new group just for that. For sure it's a working solution but it's not as elegant as it could be.
Also if you have multiple groups with different promotions etc. that throws a wrench in it all.
Pages: 1 2