MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ajax Chat and database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using MyBB version 1.6!

OK got the chat installed as per instruction and tables created in the Mybb database as shown in the integration files.

Go to log in using my username and password that i use on the site and get invalid username?

I can log in if i use the default admin/moderator and user log in info set up in the user.php, but not using any member log in details that is stored in the MyBB member database. Tables created fine so i know the database details in the config file is correct.

Any help appreciated. Angel
you are using the base version of the ajax chat package. you need to download and install the mybb version. when on their download page, expand the 0.8.3 folder (or whatever it was called) and grab the _mybb version
(2010-10-22, 08:47 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]you are using the base version of the ajax chat package. you need to download and install the mybb version. when on their download page, expand the 0.8.3 folder (or whatever it was called) and grab the _mybb version

Thanks paveman done what you suggested, deleted old files, uploaded new ones.

Set config file and quickly tested and all works well.

Many thanks for your time and help. Cool

I Downloaded It And Installed on my localhost , But Showing Error As Below...

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Line Number 12, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
^
^not working, it's your localhost
(2010-10-22, 08:47 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]you are using the base version of the ajax chat package. you need to download and install the mybb version. when on their download page, expand the 0.8.3 folder (or whatever it was called) and grab the _mybb version

just one package in ajax chat folder, no choice for _mybb version....