MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dictating where a mod is placed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm trying out a couple of mods on a local host, just to see what I like, and I've noticed a couple of things with some of them, which has me here asking questions about how they're placed.

The most problematic, in terms of visuals, is the Registration Box mod for 1.4 (I changed the compatibility to 1.6 so I could try it out), but it seems as though something has changed, and so it's placed above the welcome block, rather than below it where it should be.

How exactly do I place it below the welcome block?
Check your header template to see where the plugin is inserted, prob look something like this {$texthere}

Then move that below the welcome block.

You may have to remove this manually when you deactivate the plugin.
It isn't inserted anywhere in the index or header templates... I checked them all and couldn't find it anywhere.
Did you reverted back to original Index / header templates?
Link me to the actual mod and ill tell you where it is .
(2010-10-23, 02:10 PM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Link me to the actual mod and ill tell you where it is .
http://mods.mybb.com/archive/view/register-box-2

That would be it.
The code in that plugin is placing it below that welcomeblock.

You must be using a custom theme ?

Post your header template here.
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="trow1" width="500" rowspan="2"><navigation></td>
<td width="40%" class="trow1" style="font-size:11px">
<form action="member.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" />
<!-- <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> // -->
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->username}</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>
<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" title="{$lang->login_username}" value="{$lang->login_username}" onfocus="this.value=''" />

<label for="remember">
<input type="checkbox" name="remember" id="remember" value="yes" checked="checked" /><span class="smalltext">Remember me</span></label>

</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->password}</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>
<td><input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" title="{$lang->login_password}" value="{$lang->login_password}" onfocus="this.value=''" />&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->login}" /></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<div class="menu" align="center">
<ul>
<table align="center">
<tr align="center">
<td class="topmenu" width="1%"><span class="smalltext"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login">{$lang->welcome_login}</a></span></td>
<td class="topmenu" width="1%"><span class="smalltext"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a></span></td>
<td class="topmenu" width="1%"><span class="smalltext"><a href="$settings[bburl]/misc.php?action=help">$lang->toplinks_help</a></span></td>
<td class="topmenu" width="1%"><span class="smalltext"><a href="$settings[bburl]/memberlist.php">$lang->toplinks_memberlist</a></span></td>
<td class="topmenu" width="1%"><span class="smalltext"><a href="$settings[bburl]/calendar.php">$lang->toplinks_calendar</a></span></td>
<td class="topmenu" width="1%"><span class="smalltext"><a href="search.php?action=getnew">$lang->welcome_newposts</a></span></td>
<td class="topmenu" width="1%"><span class="smalltext"><a href="$settings[bburl]/search.php">$lang->toplinks_search</a></span></td>

</span></tr>
</table>
</ul>
</div>