MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: split-screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you guys think of how a lot of companies are removing split-screen from their games and making it so the only multiplayer is online multiplayer? I for one love online multiplayer, but split-screen (and subsequently, system link) aren't entirely useless. Some people still like to play with friends and family in real life. A good model for split-screen is what Halo does, where you can have up to four people playing online at the same time, even if three of those people don't have Xbox Live Gold. Some games that don't have split-screen are Team Fortress 2, Aliens vs Predator (2010), and Medal of Honor (2010). Who else would like to see future games have split-screen and system link in them, in addition to online?
Are you still market researching? Or is this a real question for once?
(2010-10-23, 02:19 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Are you still market researching? Or is this a real question for once?

Neither. I'm a troll and posted this just to make you mad. So, is it working? U mad?
Didn't really like split screen anyway lol, worked crap in FPS
I hate the fact FPSes dont have splitscreen. I invite friends over all the time, and we generally just play halo as it offers modes like firefight where we can play cooperatively. (as well as campaign). MW2 and Bad Company 2 dont offer split-screen even though i prefer bad company over halo.

The companies just want to make money from xbox live gold and other subscriptions.
Black Ops is adding splitscreen mp. Looking forward to that. I hope it's the same for Nazi Zombies, too, though.
I love splitscreen. I hate that burnout won't give it to you unless you pay for it. >,>
Games should have split screen there is nothing better than sitting with your mates and playing a good game while having a laugh... =]
(2010-10-23, 02:39 AM)Lightning92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-23, 02:19 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Are you still market researching? Or is this a real question for once?

Neither. I'm a troll and posted this just to make you mad. So, is it working? U mad?

I run a trolling site. On a scale of 0-10, you about a .000000000000000001 of an annoyance, let alone a troll.