MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: no error just insallation stops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

OK, I have everything configured so far per the installation instructions, I go to http://localhost/mudshark/install , seems to be working. I get to mysql for which I put all the information in correctly. Hit next and it goes to a blank all white screen and never comes back.

Help

JJ
hey

put these below in a php file, upload it to the root of your site, and run it, then tell us what it says

<?php
if(function_exists("mysql_connect"))
{
die("MySQL functions exist");
}
else
{
die("MySQL functions do not exist");
}
?>

regards
MySQL functions do not exist

I thought it was installed right.

JJ
So you will have to fix it or contact your host company in case you were hosting it somewhere

regards
now i get this

MySQL functions exist

but still dies at the mysql database part... any ideas?

Warning: fopen(../inc/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mudshark\install\index.php on line 428

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mudshark\install\index.php on line 429

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mudshark\install\index.php on line 430

JJ
jjonessec Wrote:now i get this

MySQL functions exist

but still dies at the mysql database part... any ideas?

Warning: fopen(../inc/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mudshark\install\index.php on line 428

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mudshark\install\index.php on line 429

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mudshark\install\index.php on line 430

JJ

You have not CHMOD inc/config.php to the right Permission.
but permission are set...

its a windows box so chmod from windows
Make sure to give full permissions inlcuding the write permission for both ./config.php and ./settings.php.

however i dont understand how have you passed the permissions check stage without having chmoded that file

in case you wanna know more about setting permissions in IIS read here

regards
Now the weird thing is thats all set, permissions and everything
There are no CHMOD on windows, however there are other permission thingies.
Pages: 1 2