MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Mail - 2 Questions Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The first question would be why is my mass mail not sending at all on scheduled times - only if I choose to run the task manually through the task manager page. They are in the queue, the queue later is empty and the message archived, yet nothing has been sent.

The other problem is that though I don't mind sending my emails manually by hitting the task button several times, my host only allows for 400 emails per hour through their server - that said, can anyone tell me if the have had success setting up the gmail smtp as sending server? I have a gmail account and have tried several configurations with no luck.

Thank you,

Steven
Check you have the following in your themes footer template:
{$task_image}
I did not find this in any of the three boards that I have

Steven
You'll need to add it for scheduled tasks to run automatically.
To just the footer template itself?

S
Also, why would that not be there out of the box?

Thanks again,

Steven
Yes, just add it into the footer, it doesn't really matter where. By default it comes after the MyBB copyright, if you've not removed it, it was probably removed by the theme author by accident.

<!-- End powered by -->
				<br />
<br class="clear" />
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
I'll be damned - well bless your heart and thank you very much!

Steven