MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin_import3 Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I just converted from vBulletin 3.8.4 to MyBB 1.6 as my vBulletin Licence Expired.

After conversion I noticed about 10% of my users usernames have gone weird:

(About 3000 glitchy names out of 30000).

Example: The username "Robert" looks like "Robert_vbulletin3_import1234"
with the 1234 being the user-id.
Look at the attached picture.

I really cant be bothered converting again because it took me about >1day due to my slow connection where I live.

The errored usernames are in no paticular order.

What should I do?
Thanks,
That's usually the case when there is a duplicate of users. If you merged the vBulletin posts to an existing MyBB forum (that's more than just a fresh installation), then that could be it.

In the Users section, look up "Robert." If you see a Robert and a robert_vbulletin3_import1234, then that would be why.
(2010-10-24, 03:42 AM)-AW- Wrote: [ -> ]That's usually the case when there is a duplicate of users. If you merged the vBulletin posts to an existing MyBB forum (that's more than just a fresh installation), then that could be it.

In the Users section, look up "Robert." If you see a Robert and a robert_vbulletin3_import1234, then that would be why.

Hey, I installed it into a blank MyBB Forum.
Its impossible for me to have duplicate users because I didn't have any duplicates on vBulletin.
Thanks though,
That's odd then. Maybe I'll leave this to Dylan, who is the developer himself then.

I guess if you wanted to, you could change everyone's name, but that would be on a one-by-one basis, so that might be time consuming. Alternatively, you could just give everyone the opportunity to change their name in the User CP (it's a group setting).
I believe that you can just delete the users with _vbulletin_import suffixed on the end. They only appear if you do the merge, then run it again without rebuilding the counters.
(2010-10-24, 05:38 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that you can just delete the users with _vbulletin_import suffixed on the end. They only appear if you do the merge, then run it again without rebuilding the counters.

Or as -AW- said, if there is a duplicate user issue.
If you have a Robert as well as the import Robert, and they have the same email address, then just do "Merge Users" on them.
(2010-10-24, 09:08 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-24, 05:38 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that you can just delete the users with _vbulletin_import suffixed on the end. They only appear if you do the merge, then run it again without rebuilding the counters.

Or as -AW- said, if there is a duplicate user issue.
If you have a Robert as well as the import Robert, and they have the same email address, then just do "Merge Users" on them.

Ahh yes you were correct.
My previous forum allowed non-english vBulletin characters in certain usersnames that when removed in the conversion process were becoming usernames that are already existing.
Thanks guys!
Glad you solved it! However those characters should be converted. So I'll check that out too.