MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Out of memory error ? and commandline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all -

I'm trying to merge vbull 3 into mybull 1.6 using latest merge.
Here's the error -

[23-Oct-2010 21:31:07] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 9437184) (tried to allocate 23082485 bytes) in /home/xxxx/public_html/mybull/convert/resources/modules/attachments.php on line 63

[Image: mybb_merge_error.png]

I contacted my webhost and here's what they said:

This is due to your hitting the memory limit on php for the server which is set to 64M by default, unfortunately we cannot change that but if you have a script or method described on how to do this merge manually via command line we can probably complete it for you or at least point you in the right direction.

So - any help on telling what the commandline would be ?

thanks in advance Wink
Are you able to perform the conversion on a localhost where you could set it to have much higher limits??
Why in hell's name is the merge trying to allocate so much memory to the attachments.php file?? Something's not right if it's doing this.
@ Kyuubi - No I have not, I believe thats done using Xampp ?

@ MattRogowski - This vbull install is in a php5 environment and its not supported. It started out in php4 several years ago, and early posts/attachments are not retrievable. I know that I cannot dl its sql.
Whenever I dl the sql, it either times out or is incomplete, and when opened up, there is either a ton of garbage or error msgs. The forum itself is accessible but there are elements that no longer work in php5.

Just yesterday I found out that I can copy the sql to a new db using cpanel.

(2010-10-24, 03:22 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]Why in hell's name is the merge trying to allocate so much memory to the attachments.php file?? Something's not right if it's doing this.

Yes it is, if he's trying to do a lot of attachments transfer at once. Remember this is the Merge System, not the board attachments.php.

@stufz:
You can try lowering how many attachments are transferred at once. Try 5 at a time instead of the default and see if that helps.
(2010-10-24, 06:39 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-24, 03:22 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]Why in hell's name is the merge trying to allocate so much memory to the attachments.php file?? Something's not right if it's doing this.

Yes it is, if he's trying to do a lot of attachments transfer at once. Remember this is the Merge System, not the board attachments.php.
Yes, that's why I said "is the merge trying to" Toungue
I suspect he's trying to import too many attachments at once.
(2010-10-24, 06:46 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that's why I said "is the merge trying to" Toungue
I suspect he's trying to import too many attachments at once.

I guess my point was that this is actually fairly common with the Merge System if the board being merged allowed fairly large attachments, requiring that the default 20 at once be lowered to something in the 5-10 range.
yah, you are both right. I've got Xampp running and trying to work my way thru. HolY !GAWD !! I just dl.ed the single attachment table - I shoulda done this before. Over 400 mb alone ! Now maybe I can get a full backup of this site.

Let me try that attachment limit .... the Merge was going so well, I just let it run by default settings.

ok- DUmb Question - I start the merge and it starts at the errored out part - I've dltd and re-upped the convert folder and still it goes to that part.
What cache or ? am I missing ?

Guess I can reinstall mybull, easiest cms to install I've run across Big Grin

HuP! I think I found my answer - up the fresh db for mybull
http://community.mybb.com/thread-73586-p...#pid536700
(2010-10-24, 10:44 PM)stufz Wrote: [ -> ]HuP! I think I found my answer - up the fresh db for mybull
http://community.mybb.com/thread-73586-p...#pid536700

Its funny, I was about to point that out for you Smile
Good luck, let us know!
Well done, but now I've run into a problem with how the old vb attachments function in the new mybb install.

The board merged was vb 3.0.3 - on the vb install, the attachments - jpgs mostly - are shown as links and open up as the pics they are.

Those same attachments in the mybb install, pop up as a open with/save, and when viewed with my default viewer - acdsee - are black and say "bad or unrecognized image header".

But any new attachments in the mybb install work as they should. I'm guessing it has to do with the vb install being in a php5 environment, having started out in php4 - hostgator is the host.

Any clue as to what is going on, and is there anything I can do to fix it ? I've already run Recount & Rebuild.

NM - I got it.

Pages: 1 2