MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post not marked as read - but not what you would think
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm aware of the bug there you need to view the topic, then viewforum.php in order for it to be marked as viewed. But, today something strange happened. There is a post that will not let me mark it as viewed no matter what I click or view, aside from clicking 'mark all posts as viewed' at the bottom of the forum.

It's not in a subforum, but the forum it is in does have a subforum.

When I view the forum it shows it as viewed, but on the index page it shows it as unviewed. I think I can safely say it's not a cache issue. I'm calling the index page with random jibberish in it, like index.php?foo=169s and forcing my browser to reload.
Can you reproduce this in any way? Has anyone else seen this?
DennisTT Wrote:Has anyone else seen this?
It's happened to me here, now that you mention it.
Which thread?
DennisTT Wrote:Which thread?
To be onnest, I can't remember. Sad

It's been such a long day... Let me mess around and see if I can get it to do it again.
Bump. Anyone else seen this bug?
Yep I actually had this bug happen to me the other day.

I don't know what caused it and I cannot repeat the bug.

It happened at http://www.pcgaming.ws/forums/

But I don't remember what thread it was in. I think it was one of the threads in the chit-chat or general discussion areas. But it could have been anywhere....
when click at post from index page (in column "Last post")? and them return to index page - post not mark as read
If them open forum when this post allocated and them return to index page - post mark as read.
Well when i had the issue i visited the post about 6 times....

Each time returning back to the forum the post was in and having mybb not show that the post was read.