MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to turn off Forum Subscribe function on a specificed forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have created a secret board which only allowed user to view and reply on his own post. They are not allowed to view others post in the same forum.

I have done all kind of settings but finally found that if any user subscribe to the forum update, and anyone posted new post after this, the notify email will show partial of the detail being posted by the late comers... Should I called this as a bug or what?

So now I have 2 choice which I am not confirmed which one can be done (i just used mybb less than 2 months...):

1. As titled, disable the subscribe forum function for specific forum (not subscribe posts); or
2. disable the subscribe forum function for the whole board.

Please anyone can give me any hints on what and how should I do to settle this?

Thank you in advanced.
I am awaiting any answer online now...
DAMN~!!! I found another security hole~!!!

If the forum is active, when I perform a RSS subscription, ALL THE DETAILS are DISCLOSED~!!!

My goodness....

Quick suggestion are welcome.
The first is a bug that's either fixed or is being fixed; the permission to only view own threads works a bit backwards to other permissions so it doesn't quite work right at the moment.

It'll only show on RSS though because you're logged in and have permission to see it. Log out, you won't see anything.
(2010-10-26, 09:48 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The first is a bug that's either fixed or is being fixed; the permission to only view own threads works a bit backwards to other permissions so it doesn't quite work right at the moment.

Any idea when will be the fix come in? Huh
Likely, it will be fixed in the next release, 1.6.1