MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All the index files removed, need help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, so I'm running mybb 1.03(i think) and one day i get an email from my host saying that there srever was hacked! all of there index.html or index.php pages were removed! I was really stupid and never backed up any pages! I also have the EMS mod installed, plus 4 themes! I'm not sure if i had any other mod's installed, so i was wondering if it would make more sence to simply update to 1.1 or reuplaod the index pages(if i can with the mods and the themes).
Well if there is only index.php which is hacked, you should be able to just upload the index file included with the page.
And if you wanna upgrade to 1.1 without adding all the mods etc again you can use Winmerge to merge the pages on your server with the destribution, however you need to remember what you did when you installed the mods and what you did not.
hello there,

there are more than 1 index.php on mybb, on the main directory and another in the ./admin
there are also different ./index.html in different places i can remember ./uploads and ./avatars.

upgrading to 1.1 will not harm the plugins, however it will harm the manually edited mod, or these plugins that edit or write into mybb files while activating, in this case you will have to deactivate then activate ur plugin, in the 1st case you will have to do back the editing manually. That's why winmerge helps you alittle by visibly displaying the different codes lines.

regards
o, i losted the index files for 1.03 does any one have them?
sorry but all flise were removed, so what should i do(rember the themes and the EMS plugin)
Assuming all files were deleted:

You'll need to download the latest MyBB release from the site.

Then manually reapply any code modifications you have made (which aren't plugins).

Upload the MyBB files to your site.

Follow the guide here on how to recreate your configuration file: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...3#pid44923
o, thx , i have also dicied to drop my host b/c this is the 3rd problem in less that a month, any one know of a good hosting company?

that is also really cheep?
Yes , I just signed up with cheapdomains, its a great site. They have there stuff together. You should really try this place its great, and customer support is excellent.

http://www.cheapdomainseller.com/
lol, that is who i use to regestur my domains with, however i don't not really like there hosting plans
i moved hosts now, and every thing works, so i no longer need help