MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Filter by Prefix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Think this would be really useful and bring a lot more use of the prefix plugin: click the prefix, and it shows you all the posts within that forum with that prefix. Add it to Advanced Search to filter specific forums as well. Smile
Good idea. +1
I have like a million requests in this forum, I should hire a dev

Or revive the short-lived plugin fund: http://community.mybb.com/thread-53976.html
Problem with this is there's no way to edit the query to filter for prefix; it'd be easy to do if people were happy with a very small file edit, probably just adding a single variable into the query which could then add to it to filter the results. Otherwise I don't think it's possible, but I'll have another look at the code to make sure.
I'd be happy to edit a file, I think this is a killer feature
bump!
(2010-10-27, 11:14 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Problem with this is there's no way to edit the query to filter for prefix; it'd be easy to do if people were happy with a very small file edit, probably just adding a single variable into the query which could then add to it to filter the results. Otherwise I don't think it's possible, but I'll have another look at the code to make sure.

Any word on this? Would you be willing to add it to your plugin list? I think it's a very, very useful feature (should be core in 2.0 imo, otherwise the prefixes are not so useful).
I was going to do this after the plugin I'm working on now, but I've hit a roadblock with that so I'll do this this evening.
(2010-11-10, 03:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to do this after the plugin I'm working on now, but I've hit a roadblock with that so I'll do this this evening.

Heart

Not hard to see why your rep is so high haha

Which plugin were you working on?
Toungue The custom user permissions one, after 24 hours of getting angry with it I realised the way I was trying to do it just wouldn't work so I'll have to think of another way Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2