MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb3 to mybb conversion error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello mates,
i have been using phpbb3 and now i want to get converted to mybb and used mybb merge.

the phpbb3 forum is this: www,techhangout.tk
mybb forum is this: http://techhangout.byethost4.com/

i have the latest convert merge software installed into server and performed step by step.but now an error occurs that all my posts in phpbb forum are not displayed here in mybb.even users ans stats r not being shown.can u help sorting this problem.
Have you done the Recount/Rebuild in the Admin CP? It's under Tools & Maintenance.
yep i have done everything as advised in support forums....i have done th rebuilding procedure too....but in vain.
Are you sure they're in the same server and you're converting the same database?
nope they r in different servers.......transferring from one server to another.......
but both are byethost servers one is byethost8 and another is byethost4.....so can this be possible...
and user admin was only transferred from original and only one post was transferred.so what can i do now?????
can u please sort this a bit fast....and one more problem added is i had problem after merging.....unable to login to mybb after merging
The MyBB database has to be able to connect to the phpBB 3 database, and that's why you couldn't do anything. You must move the phpBB 3 database to your new Byethost account in order to perform the merge.

By the way, were you converting an empty phpBB 3 forum?
that means i shouls upload all my files from my phpbb original hosting to the new one i have created for mybb?????
uploading of siles is enough or shall i create mybb in the previous server....which is best
You don't need the phpBB files, just take a backup of the phpBB database and import it to the new hosting that you have ready for MyBB.
so does the .gz file works of my backup........or else should i have to upload the back up file from server???????
Just upload a database to a new database in your current user account. If your database is a .sql.gz, then that's fine.
Pages: 1 2