MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: From WAMP to LAMPP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello !

I work with myBB and "WAMP" (The Windows Solution for Apache,MySQL and PHP) for 4 month now.

Now I decided to move all my things to my new Linux-Server.
So I installed "LAMP" and everything is running.
Now I wanted that my whole Forum and the Databse at my new Server.
The first idea was, "ok just trying to copy the whole "www" - Directory to the new "htdocs" - Directory".

This didn't the job Wink

Is there any guide who tells me how to act ?
Or can someone just give me a few hints befor I spend much time in "try & error" ?

Thanks for any help !

Greetz Drake
What actually went wrong...?? You shouldn't need to change anything to go from a Windows to a Linux server. You'll obviously need to transfer your database too, but if we don't know what even went wrong, there's very little we can say.
You are right...

A piece worked since I copied only the "www" - Directory. The Language is now german. but the "Theme" is standart and i got no Sub-Forum etc.

This is obvious, because I didnt transfered the Database yet.
My problem is, that I don't know where to copy. In WAMP the Path is "wamp/bin/mysql"
In LAMP I don't see anything similar.
Export the original database via the MyBB ACP or phpMyAdmin, and then import it to the new database via phpMyAdmin. I wouldn't recommend working with the actual MySQL files to transfer a database.
Thank you for your help !

It's working !

Sorry for the "stupid" Question... now it seems logic for me.