MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar Permalinks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a bit of an odd request, but I've been digging through my MyBB files and I can't seem to find any other way of doing this, so I'm wondering if any of you know how (by the way, if this is in the wrong forum, please move it into the correct).

Basically, what I want is a Avatar Permalink system. Not sure if it's already implemented into MyBB anyway, or if there's a certain way of doing it, but I kind of want it to work with the user id.

For example:

On this forum, my avatar would be linked as is, so:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu309...1284947671

But, I want my avatar to be linked like this:
community.mybb.com/member.php?action=avatar&uid=11019
(For example, obviously. I just made that up hah.)
Which would bring up the same image, just permalinked. Therefore, if I change my avatar, anywhere I have linked the avatar would change also.

So basically, I'd like the Avatar to be able to be linked to the User ID.

Possible? If anyone knows, that'd be great. Thanks!
You can upload avatars through your forum but then they'd be static and wouldn't change if you understand.

The only way i can think of as an easy fix is to host in on another site you may own, then just replace the old with the new image, and it'll auto change.

Not ideal.
You'll need to script up something to grab the avatar from the database and display it.

Let me see if I can cook up something
Use the Gravatar plugin and just link to that image?
Here ya go, Enjoy!

Put this in your forum's root and call it using

<forumurl>/avatar.php?uid=1

[attachment=20366]
(2010-10-29, 01:35 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Here ya go, Enjoy!

Put this in your forum's root and call it using

<forumurl>/avatar.php?uid=1

You sir, are a king. Props to you, thanks so much!