MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove Last Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I remove the Last Post section on the Index and also in the forums?

[Image: pic2.jpg]

[Image: pic1.jpg]

Thanks,
BlueEew.
Themes & Templates > yourtheme > Templates > Forum Bit > forumbit_depth2_forum and remove this line.
From "Forum Bit" in forumbit_depth2_forum

From "Forum Bit" in forumbit_depth2_forum

Find

<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="right" style="white-space: nowrap">{$lastpost}</td>

Replace with

<!-- <td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="right" style="white-space: nowrap">{$lastpost}</td> -->

From "Forum Bit" in forumbit_depth1_cat

Find

<td class="tcat" width="200" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_lastpost}</strong></span></td>

Replace with

<!-- <td class="tcat" width="200" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_lastpost}</strong></span></td> -->

From "Forum Display Templates" in forumdisplay_thread

Find

<<td class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: right;">
		<span class="lastpost smalltext">{$lastpostdate} {$lastposttime}<br />
		<a href="{$thread['lastpostlink']}">{$lang->lastpost}</a>: {$lastposterlink}
	</td>

Replace with

<!--	<td class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: right;">
		<span class="lastpost smalltext">{$lastpostdate} {$lastposttime}<br />
		<a href="{$thread['lastpostlink']}">{$lang->lastpost}</a>: {$lastposterlink}
	</td> -->

From "Forum Display Templates" in forumdisplay_threadlist

Find

<td class="tcat" align="right" width="20%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=lastpost&amp;order=desc">{$lang->lastpost}</a> {$orderarrow['lastpost']}</strong></span></td>

Replace with

<!--		<td class="tcat" align="right" width="20%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=lastpost&amp;order=desc">{$lang->lastpost}</a> {$orderarrow['lastpost']}</strong></span></td> -->

http://i56.tinypic.com/10579sk.png
http://i53.tinypic.com/rml5io.png
I have done this, however I am getting problems. This appears on IE and Google Chrome:

[Image: pic3.jpg]

It doesn't show in FireFox though, I am thinking just remove the code instead of adding the disable tags????
Did you replace it all properly? Looks like you're missing <!-- somewhere in there. Also are you just using the default theme? I made all of the edits to that theme in specific.
(2010-10-29, 08:27 PM)BlueEew Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't show in FireFox though, I am thinking just remove the code instead of adding the disable tags????

Just delete it, if you want it back at any point you can just revert the template.
Heh, he could do that. I just know how big of a pain it is to delete something that you would later need, which is why I suggested just closing off that part of the template. :/
I wouldn't say it's a pain to revert the template to original, it's just a couple of clicks.
(2010-10-29, 08:28 PM)Supa Wrote: [ -> ]Did you replace it all properly? Looks like you're missing <!-- somewhere in there. Also are you just using the default theme? I made all of the edits to that theme in specific.

It's an slight edited version of the Default, I have checked and all the code is there. I copy and pasted what you put.

Here is the URL: Pokemon Forum

I just deleted the first to changes and the probelm as gone. Smile
Hm, true. Guess I'm just speaking from the experience of someone who constantly messes around with templates and themes, and usually breaks them several times in the process. Toungue

(2010-10-29, 08:36 PM)BlueEew Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-29, 08:28 PM)Supa Wrote: [ -> ]Did you replace it all properly? Looks like you're missing <!-- somewhere in there. Also are you just using the default theme? I made all of the edits to that theme in specific.

It's an slight edited version of the Default, I have checked and all the code is there. I copy and pasted what you put.

Looks like it's working now. Did you do what AJS suggested?
(2010-10-29, 08:36 PM)Supa Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, true. Guess I'm just speaking from the experience of someone who constantly messes around with templates and themes, and usually breaks them several times in the process. Toungue

(2010-10-29, 08:36 PM)BlueEew Wrote: [ -> ]

Looks like it's working now. Did you do what AJS suggested?

Yeah I just removed the coding instead and the problem as gone now.
Pages: 1 2