MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Professional Theme Design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-10-31, 03:28 PM)Sukanjan.K Wrote: [ -> ]most of people thinks that designing MyBB theme is very easy, which is not true. A "good" MyBB custom theme can get as complicated as other forum soft custom skins.
I agree with this too, I have faced many complications while making themes as well. I tried some other forum software themes, and understood that if you are good at HTML and CSS you can make them easily.
(2010-10-31, 03:21 PM)morpia Wrote: [ -> ]Are you kidding me? $10 is dirt cheap, and I won't deny that. If more people offered to pay larger amounts of cash for custom themes, then I'd offer more, to keep up with the demand. But considering the lack of users requesting paid custom themes, I'm not going to randomly jump in and offer tons of cash.

Premade themes go for over $10 (see signature), not sure how you arrived at your conclusion.

Regardless, good luck in finding some clients, Lyndon.
I don't think I'd want a theme that was designed in twenty minutes.
(2010-11-01, 07:58 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-31, 03:21 PM)morpia Wrote: [ -> ]Are you kidding me? $10 is dirt cheap, and I won't deny that. If more people offered to pay larger amounts of cash for custom themes, then I'd offer more, to keep up with the demand. But considering the lack of users requesting paid custom themes, I'm not going to randomly jump in and offer tons of cash.

Premade themes go for over $10 (see signature), not sure how you arrived at your conclusion.

Regardless, good luck in finding some clients, Lyndon.

I would never pay the amounts you're charging for those themes. I've never seen a forum using one of your skins so I doubt you've sold many. Just saying.

(2010-11-01, 08:00 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think I'd want a theme that was designed in twenty minutes.

I agree with you. No offense Lyndon, but I don't think you're good enough to charge $30 for an hour of work.
I think a big problem is that most MyBB Themes that we see released are really more "skins" than "themes" ...
(2010-11-01, 08:06 PM)morpia Wrote: [ -> ]I would never pay the amounts you're charging for those themes. I've never seen a forum using one of your skins so I doubt you've sold many. Just saying.

That's hard. I see many forums using nanoskinners themes.
I'd like to see an example of one of your designs that you would consider "professional" and "high quality". Most of the themes I see from you aren't the best I've seen. And some of your code still needs work (You're still using tables), though, that's a personal pet peeve.

And guys, I'm sure he's not going to spend 20 minutes or an hour for a theme he is selling for $50-$80.
Pages: 1 2