MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Passwords not matching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some one trying to join says that he's been trying over and over to join but the site keeps telling him that his passwords don't match when he knows they are right. What's wrong?
If they're using IE it's your theme, IE doesn't like the login box in the header.
But this has to do with them regestering... Not logging in.
Yes, but with your theme there's three password boxes on the page when you register isn't there, two in the form and one in the header, and IE doesn't like having three.
So if they switch form IE to something like chrome or switch the theme they will be ok?
IE7 and lower always gives out that error. replace your code and insert this code into Header>Header_Welcomeblock_guest. modify it to your liking. to test, run IE7 or if you're running IE8, hit the compatiblity button on the address bar. notice after you add the code, the boxes actually turn green.

<!-- login form -->

<form action="member.php" method="post">
<input value="/" name="url" type="hidden">
<input name="action" value="do_login" type="hidden">

<input value="1" name="quick_login" type="hidden">
<table>
<tr>
<td><input id="quick_login_username" onblur="if(this.value == '') { this.value='Username'; }" onfocus="if(this.value == 'Username') { this.value=''; }" class="textbox" value="Username" name="quick_username" type="text" size="15" maxlength="12" style="width: 84px;">

<input onblur="if(this.value == '') { this.value='Password'; }" onfocus="if(this.value == 'Password') { this.value=''; }" class="textbox"  name="quick_password" type="password" class="textbox" value="Password" name="password" size="15" style="width: 84px;">

<input type="image" src="images/brownish/login.png" alt="Login" style="vertical-align: top;" />
<div class="remember"><label title="{$lang->remember_me_desc}"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" checked="checked" value="yes" /> {$lang->remember_me}</label></div>
<div class="pw"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw">{$lang->lost_password}</a>
</div>
</td>

</tr>

</table>

</form>
<!-- / login form -
[attachment=20401][attachment=20401]
I dont know if that fixed it but I will see.