MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Read documentation but need help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I cannot get past step 1... I attempted to upload and will tell you the steps I took and maybe someone can guide me in the right direction.

1. Downloaded zipped files
2. Uploaded files to Go Daddy FTP Client into the remote system area

Somehow or another it ended up in something called /.hcc.thumbs/forum. Is this the right way to upload it? (into FTP Client) I know I did it wrong and could use some help. Also, before I attempt this again, is there a update so that people can directly upload their photos to the forum instead of entering a url? Thanks Huh
First off, moved to the 1.6 forum, you've put this in the 1.4 forum.

I don't know how you got it in a folder like that... did you upload the zip itself or the files inside the Upload folder??

And yes, you can upload images to attach to posts.
(2010-10-31, 07:25 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]First off, moved to the 1.6 forum, you've put this in the 1.4 forum.

I don't know how you got it in a folder like that... did you upload the zip itself or the files inside the Upload folder??

And yes, you can upload images to attach to posts.

I uploaded the zip. I can try again but what I mainly need to know is if the FTP Client is the right place to attempt the upload.
You need to extract the zip file first, then upload the contents of the Upload folder.
use filezilla for ftp file transfer , so the work would be easy
Ok, I finally got everything fixed, thanks... Now I have a new problem. I have set everything up and can log into the /forums/admin page BUT when i type in my website.com/forums a 404 error page pops up. What do I do now? Thank you for all of you help btw the filezilla program made it quick Smile
Without your actual URL there's little we can suggest.
(2010-11-04, 01:23 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Without your actual URL there's little we can suggest.

Sorry...I didn't think that you wanted links on the forum... this is it: http://smartervalues.com/forums and as I said before, when I go to http://smartervalues.com/forums/admin it opens
You seem to just be missing a load of files Undecided Specifically the ones in the root folder.
So, what do I do??? I have re-uploaded and installed it 3 times! I usually figure stuff like this out on my own but I have spent hours now trying to figure this out and cannot. I would be forever grateful if someone could guide me...Thanks
Pages: 1 2