MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.6 error!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I just today downloaded and installed MyBB 1.6. I thought everything was going quite fine until after I configured my forum I got an error.

When I tried to visit the forums ( http://www.gameflict.com/forum ) I get an error that has something to do with magic quotes.

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/gamevone/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php on line 165
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gamevone/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:165) - Line: 1604 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.3.1 (Linux)

This lovely error is followed by a table that I have no idea what it means.

File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1604 header
/inc/class_session.php 360 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 98 session->load_guest
/global.php 55 session->init
/index.php 18 require_once
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gamevone/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:165) - Line: 1604 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.3.1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 365 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 98 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 106 my_setcookie

That is probably a little hard to understand, so here is a screenshot of the page:

http://i56.tinypic.com/idf72u.png
[Image: idf72u.png]

Any help would be much appreciated! In case you need to know, I am running Windows 7, using Google Chrome, and my webhost is using cPanel 11.26.20
Didn't think it'd still give this error, nobody else has had it on 1.6, but you'll need to ask your host to disable magic quotes, it's deprecated in PHP 5.3.
Hah, yeah it never fails...I am always the one with the bad luck. :/
Okay, so I have that issue fixed, but now it seems that I have more issues. When I reinstalled the forum I get a couple of errors. Here is a screen shot:

Here is the error I got when I was reinstalling...must have something to do with the ACP, because the ACP is not working at all. I can log into it, but then it logs me right back out. Sad
[Image: oihwjt.png]

ACP error:
[Image: dnymbr.png]

Maybe it is from a file I forgot to upload, or maybe it is something different. I really can not tell right now. Help would be great. Smile

Bump for more assistance!
As I said, you'll need to get your host to disable magic quotes.
They said they did! So when they do that I should have no problem with the ACP like I do in the second or third screenshots?
Thanks for your help! They did finally fix it. Smile