MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP error when viewing threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fatal error: Cannot use [] for reading in /home/rockalex/public_html/nlarcade.com/forum/inc/functions_post.php(638) : eval()'d code on line 64

I'm getting this error message when viewing threads except from my current theme, Dark Fusion. This has only happened recently. It's kind of odd, cause I'm not too sure what the error was, but it's only come up today from my other admin.

http://www.rockbandhelp.com/forum
Have you edited ./inc/functions_post.php?? Line 638 is blank. If you haven't intentionally edited it, upload a new copy of it from a fresh download.
I checked the file verification, and it was changed (odd, because I only expected functions.php to be changed). So I replaced the file. Problem still there.
Exactly the same error...?? That doesn't make any sense as there's nothing on that line.
Line 64 is that, on functions_post.php. Could it be something there with allowing HTML? I have HTML enabled in one or two of my forums. $parser_options['allow_html'] = $mybb->settings['pmsallowhtml'];
It's giving the exact same error, but for that line now instead?? If there was something wrong the HTML it wouldn't be giving an error for the line of code that allows it.
No, I was just assuming it was that cause line 64 was that in functions_post.php. But could it be one of my threads individually?
Right, so what error is actually showing now...?? I'm just trying to make sure I'm looking for the right thing.
"eval'd code" errors usually refers to syntax problems in templates, as templates are (hopefully) the only thing that gets eval'd in MyBB... maybe the postbit template, that's around line 638...
(2010-11-01, 02:09 AM)-AW- Wrote: [ -> ]
Fatal error: Cannot use [] for reading in /home/rockalex/public_html/nlarcade.com/forum/inc/functions_post.php(638) : eval()'d code on line 64

There is an error in a template, more than likely trying to use the operator to read a value. The error will be in a global template (header, headerinclude, footer or something), but unfortunately I'm not too sure which one it will actually be...

Edit: Not sure if it is the postbit template, as it seems to be affecting the site globally...
Pages: 1 2