MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Buddy can be added without the acceptance of the other party?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I apologise if this qn was asked before.

I'm using myBB 1.6.
I realised that user A can add user B as buddy without user B knowing it. Is the code designed to be this way?
Is there any workaround so that when user A add user B, user A will send an invitation to user B. Only after user B acceptance the invitation as buddy will the 2 of them become each other buddy.

I think that it will be more approriate to make the buddy system 2way instead of just one sided.
Yes, it is designed this way. It isn't like the vBulletin "friends" system, it is just so people can easily access their buddies. No one apart from user "A" can see his friends unless you use a plugin to allow everyone to see it.

The plugin I would recommend is |The Extended Buddies System| from MyBBPlugins.
I see.. Thanks Conor for the prompt reply.
I did a search on the plugin you mentioned, seem like it is only compatible with 1.4x and the author has no intention to convert it to be compatible with 1.6x.
Is there any other plugin you could recommend or any simple code editing i can do to achieve the friend request system?
the buddy system is pretty worthless as it is tbh
Yeah it's intended to be more of a quick access list of users than a friends system.
i see, but what i need is a friend system, so i think i will make a request at the request section. Thanks for the kind support.
Here is the thread - http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-Ex...System-1-4

You must be a subscriber there to download it and it is made for 1.4 so you would have to change the compatibility of the plugin so it works with 1.6 Smile

Take a backup before installing Smile
(2010-11-01, 01:32 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it's intended to be more of a quick access list of users than a friends system.
Maybe it should be renamed as "contact list" Big Grin
did anybody try to integrate the buddy system plugin into 1.6? Does it work? I foresee some problems with 1.6 due to the new function in 1.6 overlapping with some functions of the plugin.
It should work, I believe I used it in 1.6, however I would test it on a test forum first/
Pages: 1 2