MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging a mybb user db with an existing mybb forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

So I currently have my existing established mybb 1.6 forum of a few hundred members and I purchased a database of an old forum.

I have the full sql backup of that old forum and it is a mybb 1.6 forum. What I want to do is merge the user database from that old forum into my existing one.

So basically I want to get the members out of that sql file and plonk them into my forum as if they were newly created users. ( so no special usergroups and no conflicting userid's )

Can I do this with the mybb merge system? Or what would be the best way of going about achieving a similar result?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, this is a feature of the merge system but they both must be 1.6(which you said they are so it should be fine).
(2010-11-01, 11:37 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, this is a feature of the merge system but they both must be 1.6(which you said they are so it should be fine).

Ive downloaded the latest version of the merge system from the mybb mods site. But for some reason when I select MyBB, it only has the option for 1.4?
(2010-11-01, 11:45 AM)Reizar Wrote: [ -> ]Ive downloaded the latest version of the merge system from the mybb mods site. But for some reason when I select MyBB, it only has the option for 1.4?

It should work with 1.6 even though it says 1.4
Thanks for the help. The merge worked perfectly.

Also can I merge DB's from other forum systems into my mybb 1.6 in the same way? ( achieving the same results as I outlined )