MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some things Wanted to know
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys i have some questions !!

* I want to start referral contest on my forum. MyBB has already readymade referral links. Is there anything so i could see who is top referrer per day per week or per month please?

* Does MyBB Provide the Migration? Means if i change my hosting from one server to 2nd then MyBB Support that or not?

* I want to make New Usergroup VICE-ADMIN. How to make it's Permissions & Restrictions?

* Can i put Links in Navbar ? If yes then how ? Smile

* See like i am posting on here. & My profile link + Details of post & reputation all the things are Above my posts. Can i do that so all the things & Details of poster should be placed IN LEFT & Post will be in right?

thanks more questions will be asked soon.
1) in Member List > (bottom) Sort by Members referred.
2) Migration is quite simple.
- do a database backup via Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance > Database Backups
- the backup should now be in admin/backups/
- copy all files to the new host
- change database information in inc/config.php
- change path and cookie settings in inc/settings.php
- go back to Database Backups on the new host and restore the database backup.
3) Create your usergroup and make sure the group can access admincp. Then go to Admin Permissions > Group permissions and change the permissions for that specific group.
4) In the template "header" you can add extra links
5) AdminCp > Configuration > Settings > Show Thread Settings > set "Usenet Style Thread View" to no.
1* i don't undestand it very well.
2*Yes , you can transfer your forum from a host to an other.
You can take a backup from your Admin Panel (save it to backup folder or import it to your PC) then you can import it again from the PhpAdmin of the second host.
3*Yes you can Manage your Forum Usergroup and setin the permession that you like (Alow/Désalow).also there are a modings that help you for that.
4 & 5*Yes,
Mybb alow you to edit your Templates as you like and adding or deleting setting.

Edit: Aries-Belgium faster then me hehehe Smile
1. There's a plugin somewhere that does that on per week/month basis I believe.

2. We'll support you as much as we can on these forums, but really any good host will do the transfer for you anyway.

3. ACP >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> Add New User Group

Copy the permissions from the original Admin group and you can then give individual admin permissions to each member of that group at: ACP >> Users & Groups >> Admin Permissions

4. Yes, ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> Header Templates >> header

Look at how the existing links are formatted and you should be able to add more.

5. http://community.mybb.com/thread-40093.html